Thursday, February 17, 2011

Martha Stewart is my Friend

I have found a reason (no matter how small) to visit the grocery store at least once a day for the past week. I have been scanning the magazine racks to see if the Winter 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings has been delivered. Finally, on Christmas Eve, I spotted it!

Isn’t it beautiful? This magazine is printed four times a year, so I don’t feel bad at all for the $5.95 I plunk down for it. It is full of ads of flowers and dresses and invitations (as any bridal magazine is), but it also contains how-tos for many various do-it-yourself items that are stinkin’ adorable. The website features the tips from the magazine (and usually the past year of issues is available for selected article perusing), downloadable files and pdfs, and MORE GREAT IDEAS! I’m in heaven any time I open one of these magazines. Give me a super stressful day, where I’ve been crazy at work or some aspect of wedding planning has ceased to be fun and all I have to do is open up an issue and all is right with the world again. Very lovely. Hence why Martha and I are friends.

In the current issue, I gravitated towards the article on cute save-the-dates. I have been trying to think of what I want the save-the-dates to look like since I think they are supposed to be mailed by March and I love getting ideas. Please click on the link below to view 29 creative save-the-date ideas.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/creative-save-the-date-cards#slide_1

I’m still figuring out this whole “blog” thing, let alone “pictures in blog” thing, so please bear with me. :)

Also, don’t forget to visit http://www.marthastewartweddings.com.

-Melanie

No comments: