Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I really like...

Inspiration collages! Or, mood boards. Or whatever the online community is calling them these days (I'm really not so hip). I have Picasa and find it super easy to make these things and am recognizing that I may be addicted.

Anyway, this inspiration collage (sounds fancy, I think) is in regards to centerpieces. I'm really liking the idea of a slice of tree trunk as a base and topping it with mason jars. Within the mason jars will be some candles (thanks, Mom!) as well as some flowers. Now, I can't seem to get the idea of succulents out of my head and may collaborate with my sister to make some adorable terrariums!


(Images found here: table numbers, bottom right terrarium, other terrarium, wood slice, jar candles, and flowers in jars.)

In related news, Brad and I are reaching the "details" part of the wedding planning. Now, really, we've been ready for this stage for awhile. We have the major contracts and paid deposits. We need to start naming specific pieces of music to have played and work out what the invitations will look like (Aaron is on it!), and all the other little things that go into weddings. We are grumpy about these details and it shows at times. On the bright side, we are working to improve our communication and compromising as we work through all of this craziness. We could have eloped, but we are choosing to work on these skills now and have a wedding. ha.

School is getting ready to let out (yeah, last day June 3rd) and then I think the details will go into overdrive. Bear with me as we get through these last months until the wedding. Oh, and don't be afraid to take me out for ice cream or send me links to fabulous dresses, jewelry, and other wedding goodies.

--Melanie

No comments: