Monday, November 28, 2011

Days 23-28

November 23
So thankful for my nieces.  My mom and I picked them up for dinner tonight, where they feasted on pizza sticks, grilled cheese, and french fries.  Of course, there was coloring, too.  So much fun and then they were off for a pre-thanksgiving sleepover at Grandma's house.

November 24
I'm so thankful for all of our families.  Brad and I split our time between his extended family, my immediate family, and some friends of his.  Three fantastic chances to be a glutton and laughs and smiles all day.

November 25
I'm thankful for my health.  You can never be too careful on Black Friday, but Mom and I did not venture out until 6:45 AM and we had a very relaxed air about us as we shopped.  We did not go for any doorbuster deals where we would have to throw elbows and dodge pepperspray, but we scored some fantastic deals and lived to tell about them.

November 26
I'm thankful for technology. Brad and I hitched a ride with his sister and her family as we went to visit Grandma.  Brad and I were squished in the backseat of a minivan with his 5 year old nephew and the two nieces (1 yr, 3 yrs) were in the middle row of seats.  We had two iphones among us and calm kids each way.  Not bad for a 3-4 hour roundtrip.

November 27
I'm thankful for tissues with lotion as I've been blowing my nose non-stop since Thanksgiving.  Dang sinuses.

November 28
Back at work and I'm thankful for my best friend, Kerry.  That wench is on her honeymoon in Punta Cana right now, but had me order tickets to see Les Miserables in May.  She's going to come visit and we're going to cram so much fun in that weekend.

Thanksgiving-Eve Fairies. 
 No clue why they're looking off-camera.  :)

No comments: