Monday, July 4, 2011

The Weekend

 This weekend we headed to Atlanta, GA for a stateside wedding celebration for Brad's cousin.  This picture was taken as we drove through TN, I think.
We stopped by Chris and Shelli's house after checking in at the hotel.  Brad was put to work setting up some tables and tents.  I got to scope out some of the details inside.   Shelli had done a fantastic job with all the details.  Pictured above is their cake topper that traveled to Italy with them.

 Brad and I went to dinner at a place called The Local Republic.  He had some grouper and I had a burger.  Sounds about right.  :)  We also enjoyed some delicious adult beverages and a cheese tray.
After all, we are nothing but classy.

 Down the street from where we had dinner was a tea store.  Aristeacrats.  Brad sampled and bought some tea to bring home.  
I'm not sure when it will end, but I'm bordering on obsession with these striped paper straws.  I want them with me at all times.

Eight-hour drives in the hot, hot heat make for tired and grumpy people who are so happy when they are home.

We had so much fun and I want to thank Chris and Shelli and congratulate them again.  We are so happy for you both and loved being down there.  Can we do this again soon?

--Melanie

P.S. There was a photo booth and as soon as I see pictures, I'll let you see some pictures.  Deal?

No comments: