Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

My niece and I are sad that summer is over.


School has started back and my summer is quickly becoming a distant memory. I'm not too sad because: a) I love my job and b) Summer will return in 10 months. Quick reminder--I work as a school psychologist in a high school and it is great. I have a lot more paperwork than I'd prefer, but I just adore working with my kids, who are largely of the special education population.

I do feel like I didn't have enough prep time for the year before being thrown back in and that has led to a dramatic increase in stress this week. I usually have a week or so to settle in, organize and review new files for the year, and map out a general workload for the year. No such luck this year as I am leading trainings, writing reports, and attending/leading parent meetings all in our first full week back. It's a little crazy and I just remind myself that you eat an elephant one bite at a time. It's something my mom reminded me of a lot my first year and helps me out during those busy crunch times. I think it's also why I find myself drawn to elephant jewelry lately...

An important part  of all of this craziness is the fact that my desk/office is messy. And not just messy, but MESSY. I just want to clean and make it pretty so that I can work in there without feeling stressed. I'm hoping to just get through this week and then it'll get there. I guess this post is my way of apologizing for the sparse posting lately, but between school craziness and doctor/insurance nuttiness, I'm hoping you understand.

I'm working on ideas for upcoming posts, such as this weekend's upcoming wedding (yay for mini family reunions!) and mushiness surrounding the first wedding anniversary. It's coming up on September 16th--get pumped.  :)

Finally, I have been noticing a lot more page views and I wanted to welcome any new readers. Thank you for reading. I hope you stick around. :) Please comment so I can know who you are and take a peek at your blog if you have one. 

No comments: