Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Days 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 (whew!)

November 11
I'm thankful for brooms.  Brad and I cleaned out and reorganized our storage area in the basement of our apartment building and that broom saved me from some multi-legged critters a time or two.  Cleaning and reorganizing is not something I really enjoy, but I enjoy doing things right and being able to sweep away the cobwebs and dust felt right.  :)

Also, I'm thankful for our veterans.  I'm thankful for them everyday.

November 12
I'm thankful for communication today and that Brad and I are always willing to work on it more.  We talked through some stuff today and then went out for a movie/dinner date.  It was a wonderful night and I just felt so much more connected to him.

November 13
I'm thankful for the youth in my church.  I help lead a Sunday school class for high-schoolers and I went to youth group with them Sunday evening.  We had dinner and went through discussions on how we had to work at physical health and increasing our physical energy in order to work up to increasing our spiritual health/energy.  Being with the youth just reenergizes me and helps me look forward to working with the high-schoolers I see on a daily basis.

November 14
I'm thankful for my friend, Samantha, today.  It is her birthday.  She is a strong, intelligent woman that I was thankful to have as a close friend in high school and to have her stand up with me at my wedding.  She's going through a rough patch right now, but I know she'll come out of it even stronger.

November 15
I'm thankful for my local library.  Tonight they are showing the original Footloose and giving away prizes.  I love reading and am thankful for the books my branch has, but I'm also thankful for Kevin Bacon.

--Melanie

1 comment:

Alana said...

Counting your blessings is the best way to forget your problems, isn't it? :)