Thursday, November 10, 2011

Days 8, 9, and 10

November 8
I'm thankful for my church family.  I used to go to church every week as a child, but stopped going in high school.  I hadn't been to church in years when Brad asked me to go to church with him.  We had been dating for six or seven months and this was a big deal for him.  I went to Easter services in 2010 and never stopped going.  I now help with the high school Sunday School class, help out as a liturgist when needed, and participate in fun evening stuff with some of the ladies.  I found a church where I'm free to question and grow within my faith and we love everybody, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, whatever.  It's a pretty good feeling.  Well, that and we go to Wendy's after church on Sunday with Brad's parents.   I like Wendy's.

November 9
I'm thankful for my Momma.  I have had a hellacious week at work and she made me head out to meet her at Curves for some Zumba.  What fun!  The workout felt so good (probably since I haven't worked out since the wedding.  Oops!) and my mom and I have the same (very lacking) sense of rhythm.  We laughed and sweated and felt better at the end.  It made the week seem bearable and I actually felt like I had some me-time.  My mom is pretty awesome for making sure I got my butt kicked at least once this week.  :)

November 10
Today I'm thankful for microwaves and oatmeal.  It is a very chilly morning and a hot bowl of oatmeal is both healthy and warming.  Bring on the day!

No comments: