Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dang Technology

Well, I had intended to finally post about our second cake tasting, which went wonderfully, but I can't get the pictures from the computer I'm currently using. So, you will have to wait until tonight (fingers crossed).

Instead, I'll mention that our save-the-dates are being printed in time for Brad and I to begin addressing them this weekend. Yay! I really am pretty excited for this because it means that we're getting even closer to the wedding. Yesterday marked six months until the big day and today is five months since Brad dropped to one knee in the pumpkin patch. Aaron has been super hard at work designing the stationery for us and we can't thank him enough.

I'm starting to want to take on more DIY stuff as well, and that worries me a bit. I like to bite off way more than I can chew, so we'll see how many of my ideas actually come to fruition.
1. Sew a dress (for rehearsal or shower). These patterns by Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity are amazing!




















2. Make a return address stamp. I know etiquette says that I should handwrite everything, but if I make the stamp, doesn't that have as much love and personality as my handwriting? To make this stamp, I'll need to have some time to relearn my linoleum carving skills.

3. Cake topper

4. Secret something something. (No picture. Sorry.)

That may be all for now, but we'll see. After all, I have to finish the planning for Brad's and mine September nuptials as well as plan kick-a wedding shower and bachelorette party for Kerry and Gary.

Also, I just want to again congratulate my friend's Scott and Ellen on their recent engagement. They came over for dinner last night (yummy chicken parmesan and lots of wine) and Brad introduced Scott to the Apple TV while I introduced Ellen to Martha Stewart Weddings. Fun times.

--Melanie

P.S. We selected and ordered bridesmaids dresses as of last Friday!!! Woo-hoo! Now the florists will talk to me!

No comments: