Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Dream of Painting

I graduated high school in 2003.  College in 2007.  Grad school in 2010.  I got engaged a little later in 2010 and began planning a wedding.  Well, I've been married for a month and I know that I cannot just sit at home with my wonderful husband and watch TV.  I need a new project.  I have no idea why.  I've been a multi-tasking ball of stress for many years. 

But, it's there--I want to redo our apartment. 

I can't go overboard, mainly because we're broke, but I want to make some changes.  We have a lot of hand-me-down furniture from lovely family members and some furniture brought in from our single lives and I'd like to maybe have a more cohesive home.  I'd like a place that represents us.  We plan on living in our apartment until we get a house, which probably won't be for 3-4 years.  So, I called on our friend, Emily, whose blog you should totally be reading.  Seriously, go check it out.  Girl is talented and funny. 

Anyway, she came up with a mood board for our living room and I'm in love.  Brad is even OK with wanting to paint the apartment.  A lot can be DIY projects and I've been petitioning for a new couch since before the wedding.  You can see Emily's ideas for us here.  Please, let me know what you think.

I know I'll keep you updated on our progress and I can't wait to see Emily do an "After" post when we've got it looking good.

I know I can't be alone in my need for a project.  After you let go of one ball of stress (college, second job, wedding, etc.) what did you take on next?

--Melanie

No comments: